Thursday, April 26, 2012

Baked bbq porkchops

I am always looking for new ways to make pork chops besides my ol shake and bake or frying recipes. I came across this one over at delightful country cookin and it caught my eye. I will be testing out this one very soon. 4 boneless pork chops 1/2 t. salt, divided 1/4 t. pepper 2 t. canola oil 1/3 cup water 1/4 cup ketchup 2 T. cider vinegar 1/4 t. celery seed 1/8 t. ground nutmeg 1 bay leaf Sprinkle pork chops with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chops in oil for 3-4 minutes on each side or until browned. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a small saucepan, combine the water, ketchup, vinegar, celery seed, nutmeg, bay leaf, and remaining salt; bring to a boil. Pour over pork. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees. Discard bay leaf before serving. Serves 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment