This yummy looking pasta dish also came from a taste of home magazine.In our house we love pasta !
* 12 ounces uncooked penne pasta
* 13 bacon strips
* 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
* 3 tablespoons butter
* 6 green onions, chopped
* 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 4 cups 2% milk
* 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
* 1-1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
* 1-1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed
* 3/4 teaspoon pepper
* 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
* 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
* 2 tablespoons butter, melted
* Cook penne according to package directions.
* Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon in batches over medium heat
* until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 4 teaspoons
* drippings. Crumble bacon and set aside.
* Saute chicken in butter and drippings until no longer pink. Add