I am not a fan of plain ol pumpkin pie so this pie is a great alternative for me.
Graham Cracker Crust:
* 1 cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
* 1/4 cup Butter or Margarine
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Filling:
* 8 ounces Canned Pumpkin or Pumpkin Puree
* 12 ounces packaged Cream Cheese
* 2 Eggs
* 2 Egg Yolks
* 3/4 cups Sugar
* 1 1/2 tablespoons Flour
* 3/4 teaspoons grated Lemon Peel
* 3/4 teaspoons grated Orange Peel
* 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Sour Cream Topping:
1 1/2 cups Sour Cream
2 tablespoons Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1. Melt butter.
2. In a bowl, use a fork to mix together graham cracker crumbs and butter.
3. Form graham cracker crust, using the back of a tablespoon to press the mixture into a 9 inch pie plate.
4. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
5. Prepare Pumpkin Cream Cheese Filling- Combine all filling ingredients (see above) into a mixing bowl. Mix at medium speed until well blended and smooth.
6. Pour filling mixture into pie crust.
7. Bake 35 - 40 minutes, or until pie is firm.
8. Sour Cream Topping- Combine ingredients (see above) and mix well.
9. Spread topping over pie.
10. Bake an additional 10 minutes.
11. Let pie cool. Then, refrigerate overnight.
This great recipe comes from the pumpkinnook