Nothing says fall like a warm piece of apple crisp topped with vanilla ice cream.
* 5 medium tart apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
* 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
* 1/3 cup granulated sugar
* 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
* 3/4 cup quick cooking oats
* 1/2 cup melted butter
* 1/3 cup water
* whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
Arrange sliced apples in a buttered 8-inch square baking dish. In a bowl, combine the sugars, flour, and oats; stir in melted butter. Spread mixture over the apples. Pour water evenly over top. Bake in a 375° oven for 30 minutes, until apples are tender and top is nicely browned. Serve warm or cooled with ice cream or whipped cream.