I love to go apple picking in the fall and one thing i always like to make is homemade applesauce.
* 3 cups chopped peeled tart apples (about 1 pound)
* 3 tablespoons brown sugar
* 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 30-40 minutes or until apples are tender, stirring occasionally.
* Remove from the heat; mash until sauce reaches desired consistency. Serve warm or chilled. Yield: 2 servings.