Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Creamy beef enchiladas

Found this recipe on over the big moon and I cannot wait to try it out. Looks yummy.

3 lb Chuck Roast, Cooked and Shredded
1 onion
1 small can diced green chilis
Sauce:
2 packet McCormick Enchilada Sauce (prepared)
Tomato Sauce
1 cup heavy whipping cream (to preference)
To prepare the Chuck Roast I always cook my roast overnight in my Crockpot in 2 cans of Beef Broth, 1 can of water, a Fajita packet and a Au Jus packet in with it and cooked the Chuck Roast on LOW overnight. I also chop an onion and put in the crockpot with the Chuck Roast. In the morning shred roast, spoon cooked onion out of sauce and add to the shredded roast, along with the can of diced green chilis.Prepare Sauce in a large pot on the stove by following the directions on the McCormick Enchilada Sauce packet. Once prepared add heavy whipping cream.Assemble Enchiladas to preference: My hubby likes a pretty plain inside. All I do for the inside is lay out a tortilla, put the meat in the middle, sprinkle some cheese and approx 1 tablespoon of the sauce. Then I roll them up. You could also layer the olives, beans, and rice here too. For freezer meals, I use disposable pans. But, you can use your glass pans if you want. I always coat the pan with some cooking spray and like 1/2 cup+ of sauce and then lay them in the pan. After the pan is full I cover all the Enchiladas with plenty (approx 2 cups) of sauce and sprinkle the cheese all over them!

After I’m finished I cover the enchiladas with tin foil and then I put the lid on to the disposable pan.Reheating Instructions: If reheating from a frozen state, preheat the oven to 350 and cook for 45 minutes. If reheating from a thawed state, preheat the oven to 350 and cook for 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment