Sunday, May 13, 2012

easy crock pot potato soup

I love potatoe soup and this one is great because you dont have to chop or peel any potatoes. I found this recipe on pinterest but i adapted it to my liking.

1 30oz. bag of frozen, shredded hash browns {I used Ore Ida}

3 14oz. cans of chicken broth

1 can of cream of chicken soup

3 green onions, chopped

1/4 tsp. ground pepper

1 pkg. cream cheese {don’t use fat free. It WON’T melt!!!}

1 pkg real bacon bits - I use hormel in a glass jar

In a crockpot, combine everything EXCEPT for the cream cheese. Cook for 6-8 hours on low heat. About 1 hour before serving, add cream cheese and keep heated until thoroughly melted.

I like to garnish each bowl with some more green onions and some shredded cheese and of course a dollop of sour cream

No comments:

Post a Comment