Friday, December 30, 2011
New york-style cheescake mousse
Photo :Taste of home magazine
I love cheescake and mousse ! This sweet treat is amazingly good. I got it from my taste of home magazine.
* 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
* 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
* 1-1/2 teaspoons Spice Islands® pure vanilla extract
* 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
* 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
* 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
* 4 teaspoons sugar
* 2 tablespoons butter, melted
* Sliced fresh strawberries, optional
* In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, vanilla
* and lemon peel until fluffy. Fold in the whipped cream. Divide among
* 12 dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
* Meanwhile, combine cracker crumbs and sugar in a small bowl; add
* butter and mix well. Press to a 1/4-in. thickness on an ungreased
* baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly
* browned. Cool completely.
* Just before serving, crumble graham cracker mixture; sprinkle over
* mousse. Top with strawberries if desired. Yield: 12 servings.