This is a very simple and healthy chicken recipe. Serve with some rice and a veggie for a great dinner. It is perfect for people who are watching their sodium intake.
* 2 Tbsp. (30mL) Mrs. Dash® Lemon Pepper Seasoning Blend
* 6 4 oz boneless skinless chicken breast halves
* 1/3 cup (80mL) all-purpose flour
* 1 Tbsp. (15mL) unsalted margarine
* 1 medium fresh lemon, zested and juiced
* 1 cup (240mL) low sodium chicken stock
* 1 Tbsp. (15mL) brown sugar
1. Pat chicken breasts dry. Place flour and Mrs. Dash® Lemon Pepper Seasoning Blend in a plate and mix thoroughly. Dredge chicken breasts in flour mixture.
2. Heat margarine in a large skillet and add chicken. Brown chicken on both sides but do not cook through. Transfer chicken to large casserole dish.
3. In a bowl, mix zest and juice from one lemon, chicken stock and brown sugar. Pour over chicken.
4. Bake for 30-35 minutes in 375°F (190°C) preheated oven or until chicken breasts are cooked through.