2 med packages French green beans
1 stick butter
2/3 cup sliced almonds (crushed under a rolling pin)
salt, to taste
1) Snap the ends of both sides of the beans, leaving a whole bean (may cut in half in the middle of the bean).
2) In a large deep skillet add 1 1/2 - 2 cups of water and bring to a boil.
3) Add beans and quickly steam (turning beans frequently) for approximately 4-5 mins.
4) Drain beans; remove water.
5) In the same skillet melt butter and add beans.
6) Cover the skillet and reduce heat to a simmer (turning beans occasionally).
7) Cook on a low heat for approximately 6-7 minutes. Drain off excess butter.
8) Add crushed almonds and toss beans. Lightly salt and serve.