This recipe came from the Racheal ray show.
* 1 pound whole wheat or whole grain penne with lines
* 2 bundles broccolini, trimmed and cut into 1-inch lengths or 1 large head of broccoli trimmed and cut into small florets
* 4 tablespoons butter
* 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
* 3 tablespoons flour
* 1/2 cup chicken stock
* 2 cups milk
* 2 1/2 cups extra-sharp yellow cheddar cheese, divided
* 1/4 cup chives, chopped or 2 scallions, thinly sliced, optional
Yields: Serves 6
Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta. Salt water and cook pasta to al dente, according to package directions (about 10-12 minutes total, depending on the brand). When the pasta has been cooking a couple of minutes, add broccolini or broccoli to the water and finish cooking everything together, 8 minutes more.
Meanwhile, melt butter in a saucepot over medium heat. Add garlic and cook 2-3 minutes. Whisk in flour and cook 1 minute then whisk in milk. Let sauce thicken to coat the back of a spoon, stir in 2 cups of cheese and season with salt and pepper.
Drain pasta and broccoli, and toss with the sauce. Adjust seasoning to taste. Place in a large casserole dish and top with the remaining cheese and chives or scallions. Place under the broiler to bubble and brown the top.