This is a very simple pasta dish to make and it has alot of great flavor. Its perfect to serve if you have company coming over for dinner and you don't feel like being in the kitchen the whole night cooking.
1 package frozen cheese ravioli
4 strips bacon, chopped
1 tablespoon butter
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup prepared pesto
Salt and pepper to taste
Parmesan or Romano cheese for serving
1. Cook the bacon in a large, high-sided skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Drain all but one tablespoon of bacon grease from pan.
2. Add butter to reserved bacon grease. When melted, add onion and cook until onions are translucent . Season with salt and pepper. Add garlic; cook and stir for 30 seconds.
3. Reduce heat to medium and add heavy cream, stirring occasionally until sauce begins to thicken.
4. While sauce is thickening, cook ravioli according to package directions.
5. Add pesto and reserved bacon to thickened sauce. Taste for seasoning and adjust as needed.
6. Add sauce to cooked ravioli, stirring very gently to combine. Sprinkle each serving with shredded parmesan or Romano cheese.
* Recipe adapted from Cassie craves