Sunday, November 6, 2011

BBQ chicken calazones


I made these for dinner tonight and they were super easy to make and got rave reviews from the hubby ! I loved them as well and will be adding them to my dinner menu rotation. I got this recipe from the life as a lofthouse blog

1 can (16oz) Pillsbury Grand's Homestyle Biscuits
1 large boneless skinless Chicken breast, cooked and diced - I used tyson grilled chicken breast strips that are already coooked .
1/2 cup Barbecue Sauce
1/2 cup Bacon, cooked and crumbled ( I used Oscar Mayers pkg of Real Bacon bits)
1/2 cup chopped Red Onion
Cilantro
Shredded Mozzarella


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, mix together the cooked chicken and barbecue sauce.
Remove biscuit dough from can. Take one dough piece and lay out on a clean surface. Roll out flat into a 6 inch circle. Repeat with all dough circles.

In the center of a flattened dough circle, place 1/4 cup of barbecue chicken. Top with desired amount of red onion, bacon, cilantro and mozzarella. Take another dough circle and place over the top. Seal the edges by pressing them together. I also used a fork and gently pressed all around the edges. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough. You will have 4 calzones total.

Bake for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately!

No comments:

Post a Comment