Sunday, March 13, 2011
Pampered chef loaded potato chowder
This is a pampered chef recipe so if you do not have all the tools like it says to make this recipe don't hesistate ! Because i do not have all the tools and still made it. At the end of the recipe i will tell you how i made it .
* 3 baking potatoes, large (about 2 1/2 pounds)
* 3 1/2 cups milk, divided
* 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 2 -3 green onions (with tops)
* 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
* 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
* 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely ground
* bacon, chopped and cooked
* sour cream
* broccoli florets, steamed
Prep Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
1. 1 Slice potatoes in half lengthwise with Santoku Knife.
2. 2 Place in Deep Covered Baker.
3. 3 Pour 1/2 cup of the milk over the potatoes.
4. 4 Microwave, covered on high for 11 minutes. Remove baker from microwave.
5. 5 Move center potatoes to ends of baker and outer potatoes to center.
6. 6 Cover and microwave on high 8 to 11 minutes or until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork.
7. 7 Remove baker from microwave and coarsely mash potatoes with Mix 'N Chop.
8. 8 Meanwhile, whisk cream cheese until smooth in Classic Batter Bowl.
9. 9 Slowly add remaining 3 cups milk, whisking until smooth.
10. 10 Add cream cheese mixture and butter to baker.
11. 11 Microwave, covered, on high 3 to 5 minutes or until mixture is hot.
12. 12 Slice green onions with Chef's Knife.
13. 13 Carefully remove baker from microwave.
14. 14 Grate cheddar cheese over chowder using Rotary Grater.
15. 15 Add green onions, salt, and black pepper and mix using Small Mix 'N Scraper until cheese is melted.
16. 16 Serve with bacon, sour cream, and broccoli, if desired
HERE IS HOW I DID IT
I cut my potatoes in small chunks and boiled them on the stove until tender ( I omitted the 1/2 cup milk it called for). I drained the water from the potatoes and added the milk and cream cheese mixture. I used my potato masher and mashed the potatoes a little bit. But not to much else they will turn into mashed potatoes and not soup. I added the rest of the ingredients and warmed up the soup an little and served it. As you can see i garnished mine with more bacon,sour cream and green onions