This recipe comes from my friend Kylah.
* 3 bacon strips, diced
* 1 small onion, chopped
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon dried basil
* 1/2 teaspoon pepper
* 3 cups chicken broth
* 2 large baked potatoes, peeled and cubed
* 1 cup half-and-half cream
* 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
* Shredded Cheddar cheese
* Minced fresh parsley
1. In a large saucepan, cook bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Set bacon aside. Saute onion and garlic in the drippings until tender. Stir in flour, salt, basil and pepper; mix well. Gradually add broth. Bring to boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Add the potatoes, cream and hot pepper sauce; heat through but do not boil. Garnish with bacon, cheese and parsley.