I adapted this recipe from Sandra Lee.
* 1 cup BBQ sauce
* 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
* 1 (15-ounce) can chili beans, drained and rinsed
* 2 tablespoons chili seasoning - i just buy the chili seasoning packet
* 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
* 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
* 1 tablespoon ketchup
* Hot dogs and buns
In a large saucepan over low heat stir together the barbeque sauce, beans, chili seasoning, brown sugar,ketchup and mustard. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cook the hot dogs and grill the buns. Spoon Chili over the hot dogs and top with shredded cheese and onions if desired.