* 1 1/4 cus self-rising cornmeal mix
* 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/4 cup sugar
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup milk
* 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
* 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
* 1 (15.25 ounce) can corn, drained
* Vegetable oil, for frying
Heat oil to 325 degrees F.
In a medium bowl, combine cornmeal mix, flour, sugar, and salt. In a small bowl, combine milk and eggs. Add milk mixture to cornmeal mixture, stirring well. Stir in butter and corn.
Pour oil to a depth of 2 inches in a Dutch oven, or use a deep-fryer. Drop by tablespoons into hot oil. Cook 2 to 4 minutes, or until golden, turning once. Drain on paper towels.